Dealing with the trauma and stress as a result of an accident is nothing short of easy. We try our best to avoid any situation that may result in such but sometimes these things are inevitable. This is why we suggest to all road users the importance of not only remaining calm but also knowing exactly what to do in the aftermath of an accident to avoid any conflict that may arise.
Therefore we recommend to all road users to follow these simple steps to have the best-desired outcome in the event of an accident.
1) Stay at The Scene – This speaks for itself. One should never leave the scene of an accident even if you are the only person involved. It is always best to stop the vehicle immediately, ensure you are not seriously injured and contact the relevant parties.
2) Check on All Drivers & Passengers – If an accident has occurred between you and another party, it is common courtesy (after following step one) to ensure any passengers or other drivers are also safe. Determining the seriousness of any injures in the early is very important. After you’ve checked on all parties, you can then follow the below steps.
3) Call the Police – This step is very important. The police are usually the ones to determine who is in the right and who is in the wrong where there is an accident. There is no doubt they should be one of the first persons on the scene.
4) Call Your Insurance – This is one of the main reasons why we all have insurance, to protect us in the event of a claim. Calling your insurance company should be the next most crucial step you should take in the aftermath of an accident.
5) Take Pictures – Even though your insurance company may do the same, it is also good you take your own photos of the accident. These photos can be very useful in helping to settle your claim as soon as possible. It is like having proof of what happened the minute it happened.
6) Exchange Information – This step is optional as your insurance company would have handled this part of the process, but if you wish, and both parties comply, they can exchange information with each other. This usually would consist of the person’s Name, Address, Telephone Number and Registration Number of the Vehicle.
Once you’ve remained calm and followed these simple steps, there is a good chance you can have your claim dealt with swiftly. Bear in mind, not all accidents are as simple as others, but once you have the basics on what should be done, you are good to go from thereon out.
Remember to also call us today so we can help you find the lowest quote island wide! You can visit us at BestQuoteBB.com.