It’s hurricane season, and sometimes we have to think about the unthinkable, because sometimes the unthinkable happens.
So go ahead ask yourself, are you prepared?
In most instances, we are not but the good news is BestQuote can help you become prepared! How? By simply ticking off this short list of items to help keep you and your family safe this hurricane season.
Let’s go through the hurricane checklist:
- Drinking Water – You should store adequate drinking water, preferably in unbreakable containers, for you and your family. Locating a source of drinking water is always one of the first steps toward hurricane relief but who can say when that will be, prepare yourself in advance. Similarly, filling other containers with water will provide you with the ability to wash and cook during a hurricane – remember how any power outages mean your local fresh water pumps fail.
- First-aid Kit – Have a first aid kit in an easy to find place at home – this is typically the kitchen or bathroom. It should include the basic items such as; bandages, alcohol, gloves, gauze, scissors and tape just to name a few. It’s definitely a helpful skill to know how to bandage a wound or wrap a sling, so everyone should be encouraged to attend a basic first aid course. It’s even better to know CPR skills for adults and infants. Always remember – safety first.
- Flashlight – During a hurricane, there is always the possibility of losing electricity. So in order not to be left in the dark, one or more flashlights, along with an extra set of batteries, can be a real life saver. Beyond that, candles, tea lights and oil lamps are good light sources, but be careful of having naked flames around the house and the risk of fire.
- Canned Foods – Typically people cannot get to work and supermarkets, gas stations, mini-marts and shops are closed during storms. Therefore you should ensure that you have stocked up on the essential canned foods needed to pass the storm. Soups are a great example. Don’t forget food for your pets too! This is all just until things are back controlled and stores are re-opened.
- Radio – It’s always a good idea to keep well informed with the latest weather bulletins during a hurricane or any other major disaster. A radio can assist you with this as you may not be able to rely on your mobile phone for radio if cellular and internet connectivity is disrupted. However, make sure you have a radio that is battery operated in the event of power outage.
In addition to the items listed above, there is also one last thing you should have to put your mind at ease at this time of year! That is insurance coverage for your vehicle, home and perhaps business.
So give us a call today at 1-246-537-0140 or go online to bestquotebb.com and get yourself a FREE insurance quotation for your home, car or business. It is quick and easy and may help you avert a financial disaster! Unfortunately, we can’t do anything about the hurricanes!