Triskaidekaphobia (also being referred to as 13-digit phobia) is the irrational fear of the number 13. Most people with triskaidekaphobia have an immersive and ongoing phobia / fear of the number 13.
Did you know that a lot of buildings, including hospitals, don’t have a 13th floor because so many people fear the number and that some airlines don’t have a row number 13? Also did you know that the risk of hospital admission as a result of a transport accident may be increased by as much as 52 per cent. Staying at home is recommended!
Here are some ways to avoid bad luck today:
- Throw salt over your left shoulder – the obvious solution!
- Avoid turning a bread upside down after it has been sliced – really?!
- Don’t pick up a knife you’ve just dropped – don’t tempt fate!
- Stay away from mirrors – you wouldn’t want to break one!.
- Avoid getting your left arm/left leg dressed first – absolute must!
- Hang a horseshoe in your home for protection – apparently?!
- Do a good deed for someone- ever hear of karma?!
- Create opportunities for good luck – like buy a lotto ticket!
- Say a quick prayer – always a good idea.
- Don’t write the number 13 today – seems logical!
For bad luck there are superstitions but for insurance against bad luck there is BestQuote!